Student Travel GrantsECTI Association (Thailand) is pleased to announce student travel grants to assist students in attending and presenting papers at ECTI-CON 2015.
Prize6,000 Thai Baht per award (about US$200)
up to 15 awards
|Deadline for submitting a grant application||May 25, 2015
|Award notification||June 1, 2015|
|Deadline to accept/decline the award||June 8, 2015|
(Note that the grants will be given to the award recipients during the conference banquet on June 25, 2015. Please see additional conditions in an important note.)
Selection CriteriaApplications will be evaluated and selected by the organizing committee according to the following criteria:
-Overall quality of the paper
-Necessity/Appropriateness of the travel grant to the student
-A letter from research advisor/supervisor
-Preference will be given to applicants from developing countries.
-Applications that are incomplete or that do not adhere to the format instructions will be disqualified.
Where and How to ApplyAll application materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject of the
e-mail, please indicate "ECTI-CON 2015: Application for Student Travel Grants".
The application materials include:
1. an up-to-date CV/resume
2. an application letter
3. a letter from research advisor/supervisor
4. notification of a paper acceptance (e-mail is acceptable)
5. notification of a successful early-bird registration (e-mail is acceptable, the name of the grant applicant should appear as the register person)
File format: all files should be in PDF format and should be enclosed in one zip file.
The application letter should be clearly divided in the following sections/paragraphs:1. Describe your research interests, your plans for future research and how you will benefit from attending ECTI-CON 2015.
2. Briefly summarize of your student status, where you are studying (provide a URL for a home page if one exists) and city you will be traveling from.
3. Provide information about the your advisor/supervisor (provide a URL for a home page if one exists)
The research advisor's letter should be clearly divided in the following sections/paragraphs:1. Confirm that the applicant is currently a research student at your department/institution and working in the field of electrical engineering, electronics, computer, telecommunications or information technology.
2. Confirm that the applicant is good standing in the department/institution.
3. Confirm that the applicant will be attending the entire ECTI-CON 2015 events
4. Explain the current funding status and why the applicant is in need of the travel grant.